Friday, May 13, 2011

A Little Something for your Feet...and a Little Something for your Fangs

Because my day began with a remix of Rebecca Black's "Friday" at spinning, my mind is all over the place. But it's Friday, so everything is as it should be...by this, I mean I'm thinking of a thousand different ways to spend the next two days in Los Angeles. Here are two topics of discovery:

One: the weather is pushing towards that breakthrough where it shifts.

 It goes from a prickly heat that is blazing and smoggy (painful to the skin, really) in the direct sunlight, but stale and cold in the shade...

...to a warm sun that hugs you as long as it sits in the sky. In other words, summer is approaching quickly.

These are the days followed by sunsets when you feel nicely done on both sides and ready for a margarita and the grill. Which, in LA, signals a change in wardrobe for most. After months of suffocating my feet in hipster boots and stacked pumps, I am proud to announce that they deserve a new outfit. Below is what I'd like to call "Parade of Sandals" for obvious reasons. My feet are so excited! It's more fun to walk everywhere with sandals, right? Just feels better.










These are all courtesy of Anthro and VS, two favorites. Thanks marketers, for making me feel relaxed already with pictures like this one:



Two: Just when you felt your feet start to relax...tense up again because there's a new vampire in town! Beverly Hills welcomes its first wine tasting room, The Vampire Lounge and Tasting Room, at 9865 S. Santa Monica Blvd, opposite the Peninsula. The folks at Vampire Vineyards promise to bring the best vine-blood that Transylvania Paso Robles has to offer, along with mostly-red nibbles.


I have been waiting for this combination of mystery and...let's be honest, wine and anything gets me going. But I am definitely in the mood for the next season of True Blood, and I plan on checking out this cozy haunt very soon!


I mean how cute is this...

Alright; time for the home stretch at work, and then on to sushi at Yamoto and seeing Bridesmaids. Keep your toes breezy and your neck covered!




No comments: