Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the weekend of up/down

So the past weekend was a nice blurry departure from things. The sour was really thrown in there with the sweet, almost at a 1:1 ratio, so in honor of action/reaction, give/take, and yes/no, I give you the recap...

  • Thursday was gorgeousity, but I didn't get paid.
  • Gas-station Murphy is cute, but three strikes and he was out (trashcan punch, downgraded date, illegal career choices).
  • It was both glorious and horrible that before I stayed with Lucas in Houston, I ran into P. and D. without them seeing me.
  • Lucas said "I'm too fat to be emo!" but then I ate all his pizza.
  • Before I taught all day Sunday, Lucas: "You're a muffin! They'll love you." Me: "Yeah, they're kids. Who cares?"
  • Spent Saturday night studying physics, and remembered that I don't care about physics.
  • I love my pink hat, but it keeps falling off.
  • Josh; Josh.
  • Astros' wildcard entry; no baseball in Austin.
  • Adare, my beautiful sister, spent her senior homecoming dance with the special ed/ALD kids even though she was on homecoming court; her group left her.
  • Pumpkin-flavored anything; I will soon be poor from it.
  • Driving home from Houston with TX country music all the way; driving in dark scary rain alone.
Life is now decidedly +1, -1 all the way. Which I can deal with, as long as the world gives me pumpkin pie, coffee, muffins, etc. Love you, kids...

No comments: