Monday, June 20, 2011

Victory is Mine.

So for weeks, I've been looking at rugs for our place. A good wood floor deserves a fancy outfit. New to the rug world, if there is such a thing, I soon discovered that higher-end and designer rugs can set you back several thousand. Since that's not happening, I've been aggressive about finding the right one at the right price like a heat-seeking missile. Or a rug-seeking missle. After discovering this weekend that my dude-friends are stepping it up in the home decor arena, and very nicely so I might add, I put my foot down (in my head) and said (also, in my head) "Enough--these rug-procrastination shenanigans must end"...in other words, I told myself to look at Crate and Barrel on my lunch break.

HOWEVER as luck would have it, I'm happy to announce (because you all care) that I scored our new rug this morning from a One King's Lane sale...absolutely in love! I got the sale email while I was brushing my teeth and it was ON--I was not letting this one get away. This one sold out by 9am so I feel pretty vindicated for locking it down.


I felt like a turtle with a strawberry. Rug down, wall to go...

No comments: